19 July 2008

Tim Yap Achieves GREAT Result!



Dear Readers,

At the end of the day, I'm very proud of Tim for seeing the homophobia, hearing the homophobia, and helping to SQUASH homophobia from the Philippines lexicon.
Being a victim of homophobia is very painful as he attested to in his blog.
And I commend him for taking action against his bank.
Although I stand by my initial reaction, I'm thrilled that Tim at the end of the day, received a proper apology from HSBC.
I'm proud of you Tim. I'm starting to like you more now.
Can you believe that mate?

Tim, 

Congratulations for getting this fantastic result from HSBC
Gays and Lesbians everywhere should follow your wonderful example and NEVER accept this vicious form of hate. The fact that you achieved this result is a beacon to others that they do NOT have to accept ANY form of discrimination in the Philippines or anywhere else in the world.
I'm so happy that you received this letter.
Because it shows quite clearly that this bank KNOWS homophobia is wrong and because of you, they have addressed it and will most likely remind their ENTIRE staff that it is VERY wrong to discriminate against gays and lesbians.
Homophobia has NO place in the Philippines.
So please help Tim and I stop it once and for all.
_________________

Yes Tim Yap is gay and so am I and so are hundreds of thousands of other Filipinos.
Tim Yap or any other man or woman should NEVER EVER be treated in this fashion.
Ones sexuality had absolutely nothing to do with their bank, and its nobodies  business who any of us go to bed with as long as it is legal and private.
In a strange way, we are like brothers, Tim and I, fighting (now) the same war.

Once again, I want to say thank you to Tim for his efforts in stamping out this hideous thing called homophobia.

Welcome .... officially to the club Tim.

Cheers!
blog comments powered by Disqus