19 February 2010

Nike (Tiger Woods) Says Sorry


"I said 'I'm so proud of you. Never think you stand alone. Mom will always be there for you and I love you," Kultida Woods said. -SO beautiful


Tiger Woods apologized to his friends, family, fans and business parters today at a speech in Florida. Woods expressed regret for "irresponsible and selfish behavior." He strongly denied rumors that wife Elin Nordegren struck him the night of his car accident, and firmly stated that domestic violence has never been a part of his marriage.

Woods said that he will return to golf but he does not "know when that day will be." He also criticized the media for intruding in the lives of his wife, children and mother. "Please leave my wife and kids alone," he firmly stated.

Woods invoked Buddhism as well:

I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years. Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught.
Tigers mother Kultida Woods had this to say about her superstar son after he spoke-

"I am upset the way media treated him like he’s a criminal. He didn’t kill anybody, he didn’t do anything illegal. They’ve being carrying on from thanksgiving until now, that’s not right," she said.

"People don’t understand that Tiger has a very good heart and soul," she said, citing the role of his foundation in helping kids and also in Thailand. "Sometimes I think there is a complete double standard… He tried to improve himself."

Kultida Woods said that the scrutiny of Tiger is magnified by his celebrity.

"It’s not easy to be him," she said. "(People) go to work 8 to 5 and go home to have a life with the family. Tiger can’t do that."

She also said that Buddhism would help her son get through the ordeal

"Buddhism teaches you to go deep inside your soul and look through from himself, and correct the bad thing to be a good thing," she said. "When he realized, he said okay, and went back to practice Buddhism and that will make him a much better person."



Tiger Woods at today's press conference saying sorry
blog comments powered by Disqus