15 April 2008

And YOU Want to be a Homophobe?



Who wants to be a homophobe?

You?
You?
YOU?

There is NO place in the world for hatred towards any one individual because of their sexual orientation.

NONE.

The abuse I have received on this blog is so over the top.
People have written three page letters.
I could never post them.
Would never post them.
But I do read them.
They make me stronger.
Prepare me for the next day.

There was a concerted effort to swamp the blog with hatred for the last three days.
But I stopped it dead in its tracks.
Some people are tricky.
They use Tagalog with evil wicked effect.
I wish I could read more Tagalog.
But I am afraid of offending someone who can't write in English, if I don't post their comment.
Its a hard one.


I will NOT stop talking about homophobia until I am satisfied that enough attention has been placed upon the issue.


Reason You should NOT be a Homophobic!
*********************************************

I thought this was the most beautiful e mail.
I would love to meet the person who wrote it.

http://thegentry.blogspot.com/2006/03/
myspace-bulliten-homophobia.html

I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a fag everyday.

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

I am the (wo)man who fears that I will never be able to be myself, to be free of this secret because I won’t risk losing my family and friends.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don’t believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.

I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to “teach me a lesson”

My prayers go to anyone who suffers.
We are a collective of courage and hope.
Hatred will one day be a thing of the past.
We can only dream.

**********************************************
**********************************************
This is a poll from Chikatime.com


Do you believe Aurora Montano-Laurel aka Aling Auring?

Of course! Saksakan sha ng katotohanan! 3% (35 votes)

HINDI! Sinung kumag ang maniniwala sa kanya. Pwe! 97% (1127 votes)

TOTAL VOTES: 1162
Comments (23)

PollDaddy.com
Posted by Vhong P. at 7:05 PM

Enough Said!
blog comments powered by Disqus