15 May 2008

Human Spell Checkers



As you all know, the blog has attracted many human spell checkers. And they say I have too much time on MY hands. Uhg!
If anything readers, these people have helped me. I am learning through this blog how to write. I want to be a writer. A very good writer.
We all know I quit school at fourteen, so I have some catching up to do. My University of Life ,had no course in spelling. Just survival. And I am not at all ashamed of this fact. I am very proud actually, because I know I am a good boy with smarts. You can't live a life like mine without some special knowhow and interpersonal talents and skills. My passion for writing knows no bounds. Like my passion for love and friendships. I am free as a bird when I write. But the criticisms were very painful at first. A wing was fractured for a short while.
No one wants to be reminded of their short comings. And this has been used, as a very effected tool against my emotional fortitude. So my only revenge is to improve everyday. Which is my plan peeps. The best revenge, is learning and learning and learning some more.
The often brutal criticism, directed at my spelling and grammatical errors, has been great for me at the end of the day. Thank goodness, because some of the comments were very hard to read. The acerbic wit in the Philippines is so sharp and amazing. People really know how to use words to great and often painful effect. Thank you for taking the time to care about my writing. You've all helped me become a better writer through your human spell checking. I don't mind all the criticism, just don't be so sanctimonious about it please. Because many of the comments criticising my writing, contain within them, more mistakes. So spell check your own work before slamming me please.
Its bad enough some people are correcting my grammar. But the real skill is doing it without being so mean to me. Hahaha. Gosh, you meanies. I know you all secretly like me. Even my haters like me TEAM BRIAN. They have no reason to hate me. And they know it.
I write in a certain fashion, leaving some words out at the beginning of my sentence.
When I use Word, it forces me to correct things (everything), and it changes the flow of my post. It totally changes my method. Afterwards, I feel like a secretary, and the post reads too formal. It's just not me.
Readers, you have to let me write free form. I do not like such strict rules.
You know what I am trying to say. Please let me write in my own way.
The editors can whip it into shape in the book. But the blog must remain true to my style of writing. Its middle class like me peeps.
I am so ordinary.

A readers sent me this hilarious e mail today.
I just laughed because I think about my spell check tormentors.
Imagine if I wrote like this guy.
Imagine if I LOOKED like this guy.

Have a great Friday dear readers

B



*******************************
*******************************

Resimay


To
hoom it mae cunsern,

I
waunt to apply for the job what I saw in the paper. I can Type realee
quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.

I think I am good on the phone and I no I am a
pepole person, Pepole
really seam to respond to me well. Certain men and all the ladies.

I no my spelling is not to good but find that I
Offen can get a job thru
my
persinalety. My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay
me and
wat you think that I am werth,

I can start
emeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser.

Hopifuly Yore best aplicant so farr.

Sinseerly,

BRYAN
nikname Beefy

PS : Because my
resimay is a bit short - below is a pickture of me.







Employer's response:...

Dear Beefy-
I mean Bryan ,

It's OK honey, we've got spell check. See you Monday.
blog comments powered by Disqus