02 February 2009

Phelps Up in Smoke


What do you get when you cross a bong...


with an eight time gold medal winning Olympian....


Tadah!

Eight time Olympic Gold medalist Michael Phelps has been photographed pulling a bong at a party. Totally busted. Jeesh, so stupid.

At first people were getting mad, until the sponsors declared unequivocally, their complete and unwavering support for him. Then the public fell into line.
I always thought Phelps was a big potato head er I mean pothead.
He just looks like one.

As long as the sponsors are still with him, all is forgiven.
After all, they've invested so many MILLIONS of dollars.
Of course they'll forgive him.
I reckon he'll get a bonus for the publicity.
Phelps is a hero in America.
For swimming.

Phelps released this very effective statement after the fact and hey, America loves this guy. I mean, he could eat a puppy live on TV and they would still be mad for him. America loves the gold.

Phelps statement-

"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment," Phelps said in the statement released by one of his agents. "I'm 23 years old and, despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

Mikey mate, I think you mean, you'll never be photographed doing it again?
Tsk tsk tsk.

blog comments powered by Disqus