30 July 2008

Oh Imelda, You're CRACKING Me Up!


Ferd and Melda looking very 'normal'

Dear Readers,

I found these hilarious quotes on Dona Victorina blog.
_________________________


" I was no Marie Antoinette. I was not born to nobility, but I had a human right to nobility."


"It's the rich you can terrorize. The poor have nothing to lose. "

"We practically own everything in the Philippines. "


"Filipinos want beauty. I have to look beautiful so that the poor Filipinos will have a star to look at from their slums."

"People say I'm extravagant because I want to be surrounded by beauty. But tell me, who wants to be surrounded by garbage? "


finding it all very funny

"Win or lose, we go shopping after the election. "

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes; I had one thousand and sixty. "

"Never dress down for the poor. They won't respect you for it. They want their First Lady to look like a million dollars. "

"If you know how rich you are, you are not rich. But me, I am not aware of the extent of my wealth. That's how rich we are. "

"I get so tired listening to one million dollars here, one million dollars there, it's so petty."

"When they see me holding fish, they can see that I am comfortable with kings as well as with paupers. "

"They call me corrupt, frivolous. I am not at all privileged. Maybe the only privileged thing is my face. And corrupt? God! I would not look like this if I am corrupt. Some ugliness , would settle down on my system. "

"Doesn't the fight for survival also justify swindle and theft? In self defense, anything goes. "

"I have a different way of thinking. I think synergistically. I'm not linear in thinking, I'm not very logical. "

"If you know how much you've got, you probably haven't got much. "

Now breath......
blog comments powered by Disqus